Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Completely new to Abaqus...indentation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohagan

Electrical
Sep 20, 2006
CA
I am trying to create a soft tisse indentation problem, I want to use a script and eventually use matlab to invoke the script and diplay the results, I have 3 questions:

1. If I build a model in the the ABAQUS CAE can I somehow transfer the model and all its properties into a script to build the model automatically?

2. How exactly do you define an indentation?, (I want to use a sperical indenter).

3. How can I invoke ABAQUS through matlab?

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1. Yes, you can write a script using ABAQUS scripting interface that generates automatically the model.

2. You can describe the indenter as a rigid surface and then model the contact interaction with the part subjected to the indentation.

3. If you can run an executable from Matlab then you can invoke ABAQUS too.

3. On a Unix based system, you can call abaqus from the matlab command line, or from inside a function/script with

!abaqus jobname

where 'jobname is obviously the name of the abaqus job you want to run. If called from a script or function, Matlab will wait for Abaqus to temrinate or abort before continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back