Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Completing a task should set the actual finish date

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveGeneski

Computer
Mar 10, 2006
US
When completing a task project does is not changing the actual finish date to the date that I completed the task. According the reading I have done this should be defaulted?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

???

When completing a task, you enter the actual finish date.

How else are you "completing" the task? Any other approach will complete the task on the planned finish date.

TTFN

I enter in the date for tasks completed using the Table view. On my screen I have both the table form and the gant shown.

To update the progress of a project, I click on the "View" drop down menu, move curser down to "Table: ____ >" The underscore represents the view you are currently looking at. Me, I often go back and forth between Table: Entry and Table: Tracking. Then move the cursor over to the next drop down menu, and select "Tracking". Once this is done, the table headings will change from "Start/Finish" to " Act. Start/Act. Finish". NOW is when I enter in the completion dates.

My management likes to see the Entry form of the table, so they can see the projected finish dates of the project. I do all of my updating in the Tracking table form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back