Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Complicated Sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertiewoo

Mechanical
Dec 29, 2015
US
Hi, I'm trying to create a graphic that will require several groups of bodies to have unique sections (if that makes sense).

I'm able to achieve some of what I want with the "PMI Section View" and a group, but this appears to only work for 1 section, and does not work with the fancy rendered views.

I could also use a subtract extrude, but the sections each must contain dozens of individual bodies.

[ul]
[li]Is there any way to "unite" bodies which do not intersect (allowing a subtract extrude to be used on them all at once)?[/li]
[li]Is there any other way of achieving what I described with multiple complex ("heavyweight") sections?[/li]
[/ul]

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi, I've discovered that the "Assembly Cut" command allows you to subtract through multiple components. The only drawback is every component to be cut needs to be a component, not modeled in the part file where the cut is taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back