Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Component array

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitulin

Automotive
Nov 1, 2007
EU
Hi,

I wonder if you could help me. When I create an array of components, it wont let me to delete those components, when I dont need them. Do you know, how to get rid of that?
Thanks
Vit

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Gets me about every time as well, Vit. I feel it's a poor location for an Array command to be put, but I understand the logic of placing it on the Assemblies pulldown.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Vit,

You have to delete the component array to delete the components, and also if the array was based on mating conditions then you should delete the component array if you choose to delete the mating condition. Otherwise you get orphaned and basically dead component arrays left hanging around in the file. An annoying piece of housekeeping for some. I'd encourage you to test for yourself now that you know where the commands are, because my comments are based largely on older versions of NX and I haven't had the chance at this time to re-check in NX-5

Best Regards

Hudson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back