Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Component Properties in assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubalibre000

Mechanical
Jan 27, 2006
IT
Hi,
with RMB on a component or sub-assembly in ANT I can set some properties.
In Assembly Tab of Component Properties command there are two options :
1) Component is reference
2) Component is Non-geometric

I didn't find descriptions in the help.
The first option exclude the component or sub-assembly from the BOM, but visible in the drafting

The second option is blanked but visible in the BOM.

I'm looking for a solution to use in assembly only the two standard reference set (entire part and empty), but have a sub-assembly / component excluded from the BOM, visible in the assembly, but not visible if this main assembly is used in a top assembly level.
Example :
Assembly A
|-> Component A
|-> Component B
|-> Sub-assembly C with entire part reference set
|-> Component D
|-> Component E
|-> Sub-assembly F Exclude from BOM, visible under Sub-assembly C, but not visible in Assembly A

At the moment I'm using the reference set solution, but I would like to avoid create a reference set in assembly apart the two standard.

Thank you...

Using NX 8 and TC8.3

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If I've understood the requirement correctly, you need to set F to Reference Only (making it visible but excluded from the BOM) and then create an assembly arrangement called e.g. "F Suppressed", in which you suppress subassembly F.

The default arrangement of assembly A should be the original Arrangement1 and when you add Assembly A into a parent assembly, add it as the "F Suppressed" arrangement instead of Arrangement1.

HTH,

Jon

JHTH
NX 7.5.5 + TC 8.3.2.2

Hi John,
this is what I do before to use the reference set solution.
The problem is that on NX 7 or now in NX 8, the suppress option set in NX 7 the assembly constraints as an error and on NX 8 as problem.
So an user as the doubt if there are really problems.

Anyway thank you for the suggestion.

Thank you...

Using NX 8 and TC8.3

If your constraints are arrangement-specific, find the ones that are related to 'F' and suppress them in the 'F suppressed' arrangement, they will no longer appear as errors or problems.

HTH,

Jon

JHTH
NX 7.5.5 + TC 8.3.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back