Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Composite Repair Techniques Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner2k

Aerospace
Jun 13, 2015
IN
Hi,
I am looking for open source (non-proprietary) resources about repair/MRB techniques for composite structures. One of the resource I found is Composite Materials for Aircraft Structures 2nd Edition by Alan Baker, Dutton, Kelly. I really liked this book. The chapter on Repair Technology provides great insight in to common repair options for composite laminates. I am looking for a resource which goes a little bit deeper or specific on repair techniques. I guess what I am looking for is industry practices (proprietary) level information in an open source. But I would appreciate any suggestions on an open source material which expands on repair techniques.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

One of the earliest books on this subject, was Ursula Hänle's "Petite Plastic Plane Patch Primer" 1970. it is now out of print , but the odd copy shows up now and then on Amazon or eBay.
B.E.

You are judged not by what you know, but by what you can do.

Folks,
Thanks for the replies. Some of the above links were useful. I drive is self development and thus can't afford SAE documents at this point. But I do appreciate the help here.

Blakmax,
Thx a ton for the link for your document. Looks interesting. I will go through it in detail.

Edit: Sir, if you have similar documents/material for bolted repair for laminates as well, please let me know. Appreciate you referencing your document here.

I never was much into those bolt things. Inefficient in load transfer, excessive stress concentrations etc.... Short answer, no I don't have data on bolted repairs.

Regards

Blakmax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back