Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compress Report in A4 size paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancKx

Mechanical
Jun 30, 2008
ES
Is there any way to have the reports in pdf in A4 paper size directly from compress?

What i usually do now is to have the pdf report printed from the acrobat again as a pdf in A4, but the pages comes out with too large margins up and down.

thanks

FrancK

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Printing is a function of the Microsoft Windows operating system. You should select the desired paper size in the "page setup" or "select printer" dialogs. You may need to select the printer and paper size outside of COMPRESS and set these as your defaults.

"Although this forum is monitored by Codeware it is not intended as a venue for technical support and should not be used as the primary means of technical support."

Tom Barsh
Codeware Technical Support

UPDATE:

As it turns out, the paper size should be set in the PDF software. Currently COMPRESS does not provide an option for A4 size. I have asked our programmers to add this function.

However, there is a very easy (and free) work-around:

Obtain a separate PDF writer software and use this to "print" to the A4 size for PDF. In COMPRESS you select the PDF writer software as the printer and then use the standard print functions. These are handy as well because you can then print to PDF from most any software application; I use this function a lot.

For example, try free 'CutePDF Writer' available here This writer is easily installed and is compatible with COMPRESS to produce native A4 (and other size) format documents.

"Although this forum is monitored by Codeware it is not intended as a venue for technical support and should not be used as the primary means of technical support."

Tom Barsh
Codeware Technical Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back