Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Compressed Air System Validation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAK9

Mechanical
Apr 12, 2002
AU
Guys,

I am supplying o.3 micron filtered air into the Production Suites of a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.The air comes in contact with the product.Is it necessary to validate the compressed air generation system or is it sufficient to validate the system down stream of the fine filters?

Thanks for your help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would say that you still need IQ/OQ for the air compressor(s) and a way to assure the integrity of the filters downstream. Also you have to assure that your filter is sufficient to retain all particles and contaminants (oils, moisture, etc.)

As far as process validation is concerned, microbial evaluation of compressed air is sufficient. However, like MedicineEng suggested, equipment qualification is an inherent practice. Include moisture content and oil traces (visible inspection method by blotting paper is ok if you are using non lube compressors)

I think , you have to use 0.01micron filter if the air comes to direct contact with product like jetmill.Preferably u can use the ss316 pipe after this filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back