Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Computer modelling of rebar

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicRob

Civil/Environmental
May 31, 2002
CA
I am looking for software for computer modelling of rebar, a program compatible with Microstation, or AutoCAD, etc.. Want to be able to produce 3D images in addition to plan and section. I have found only "GEOPAK Rebar" by Bentley and am wondering if anyone knows of other vendors or programs with the necessary capabilities.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not aware of other products, but I have used Geopak Rebar and would like to add a word on its true capability in the perspective of your requirements. Firstly, it will NOT produce plans and sections. You will have to draw plans and section in x-y, y-z, x-z planes etc. and the software will generate a 3-d model out of this information, plus a bar-chart. Secondly, it is cumbersome to use (to say the least) when you want multiple sections of a structure at different points.

Be sure what do you want and ask the vendors to deliver it in a demo before making a purchase.

If you want to model a 3-d and cut plans/sections out of it, Microstation (V7 or V8)alone is sufficient for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back