COMTRADE file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavag

Electrical
May 15, 2007
IL
Dear All.
I have several programs for COMTRADE files evaluation ( ABB, Siemens).
Only in one of them, I have option for build graph of frequency. But it's request some math. formulas and not so friendly.
One of my customer request some more easily tool and with
option of df/dt presentation.
What SW recommended?
Thank you for your help.
Best Regards.
Slava

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Mls1, thanks a lot for the information. I downloded TOP SW version 6 .Nice surprise---is free. I start learn it.
Eleceng01, thank you also, but if standard ABB, Siemens evaluation tool is problem for this customer, math is....
Tanks again.
Best Regards.
Slava

Slavag, I didn't explain well though I understand your comments about the customer. You could setup the MathCAD to where they were prompted to open the COMTRADE file and then the graphs are shown, the math could be hidden from their view. I was just trying to help. I have done this before for one of my clients.

Dear Eleceng01.
I'm sorry, it was some misunderstanding.It's intresting idea. Some tool run on the background. Thanks a lot.
Best regards.
Slava

O.K.
I provide several tests on several tools ( Jghrist, sorry, I used your file for test also, it's file from US relays, that I have on this moment).
TOP is good tool, have several intresting options, but also have several serios disadvanteges ( of course, according to my requests only).
MathCAD, intresting option, but not so real for me, license price and devolpment time, for one customer only, isn't option.
Only one tool have option for the frequency calculation, but it open files from European relays and not open file from Backwith relay ( indicated: probblem with COMTRADE file).
Regards.
Slava

Hi Jghrist.
I used your file ( COMTRADE format).
This file was open in TOP SW, but not in ABB (Swiss).
Regards.
Slava

Some additional results of my homework :).
Used files from European and US ( Backwith) relays.
Used SW : Distdraw, WinEVE, Wavewin, Sigra, TOP.
Files from European relays was opened in all 5 SW's.
File from Backwith only in TOP and Wavewin SW.
Two ABB tools and Siemens tool indicated (NOT COMTRADE FORMAT).
I also see some term: IEEE COMTRADE standard.
Folks, it's not some comercial test, only for understanding.
Could you please add some information and if possible send some COMTRADE files from SEL and GE relays.
Regards.
Slava

jghrist, I know that some relays actaully report this in their report (i.e. SEL-351S) but I believe that with others you would be able to approximate the frequency by knowing the relay sampling rate and using the voltage measurements. Again, it has been a while since I did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back