Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

conceptual study

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg211

Mechanical
Jun 15, 2006
KE
Hi fellow engineers,
I would like to thank all who have contributed to the previous questions i posted. To the question at hand.
my client a marginal oil field operator needs a "conceptual study on how to collect the produced gas during crude oil production without building a flowstation and also without flaring the gas,taking into consideration cost"

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

greg211

See the link for an overview of feasibility studies. A conceptual study is very similar. You will need to do enough engineeering so as to have a general understanding of what the foot print of what it is the client wants to accomplish and from that you can a conceptual cost estimate.

You can get cost estimating information from Page for these types estimates.

The important thing is to understand exactly what the client wants and then to provide him with all of the assumptions and basis used in the estimate.

Greg Lamberson, BS, MBA
Consultant - Upstream Energy

You are going to need a huge document to explain the two constraints or if left on their own and no budget you'll spend more with the consultant and the the study than the solution chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back