Status
Not open for further replies.

duongwe

Mechanical
Jan 25, 2011
VN
Dear all,

I have a problem about welder.

when i qualify welder so do i need third party for witnessing and suppply certificate?

my think, there are constructor and client is enough.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

None of those Codes mandate third party witnessing of Welder Qualification; however, Jurisdictions and Clients may mandate third party witnessing.

As per ASME Sec.IX - TPI Witnessing & Certification for Welder Qualification is Not required

As per BSEN 287-1 - TPI Witnessing & Certification for Welder Qualification is required.

Summary

Witnessing & Certification of Welder Qualification depends upon the Standards used. Apart from that it depends upon the Client's requirement/Project Requirement.

If you are the individual responsible for the qualification of welders and you need to ask if a third party is required, then my response is that it would be prudent to hire a third party that is knowledgeable of the requirements of the welding standards cited.

My recommendation is to seek the services of an individual certified to AWS QC1 as a Senior Certified Welding Inspector and if you cannot find one then seek someone that is qualified to AWS QC1 as a Certified Welding Inspector.

Best regards - Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back