Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

% concrete pavement rejection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

marga

Civil/Environmental
May 7, 2004
US
I would like to find out what is the average yearly percentage of concrete pavement rejection in the United States?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is this rejection at the time of construction due to poor workmanship or is in due to deterioration during a long lifetime?

rejection for what reason? I would have to believe that rejection due to poor workmanship or materials is quite low, however, finding those numbers may be tricky. Contact the DOT for each state and ask the construction guys. You might get lucky.

I think that you would have to get a consensus from individual suppliers. Some concrete may be rejected at the time of placement due to slump/air etc., some due to low strength, some due to finishing, some due to environmental factors (plastic shrinkage, etc.). And the list could go on. The Portland Cement Association or American Concrete Institute may have some facts and figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back