Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

concrete repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackaustin

Materials
Jul 12, 2021
ES
I have a change of use on the go and need to fill a grip in some concrete. It's approx 2 " deep at one side feathering away to nothing at the other side about 45 ft long, so, not a huge volume.
The area is going to become a wet tipping area for grain so will need to be hard-wearing and resistant to grain bucket cutting edge and heavy traffic. A local builder suggested a self-leveling compound?
Any thoughts, it needs to be filled as the grain bucket will be traveling at 90 degrees and will be far too aggressive.
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are some extremely good patches produced by Sika and others that can likely do the job. Can you remove a little material at the interface so that you have a minimum of about an 1/8", or 1/4" thickness of patch? You can achieve a 'straight line' patch edge with a slight sawcut. They are tough, but I don't know how they function with aggressive use. You might want to talk to one of their tech representatives

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Do you feel any better?

-Dik

In 2015 my parish rehabbed our wastewater treatment plant. As an extra, the concrete holding tanks were coated due to erosion. The contractor proposed Sika Quick VOH. The Sika rep said it could be feathered although the product data sheet says saw cutting & dovetail joint preferred. I'm not a big fan of feathering but it's till holding up. Nevertheless, whatever product you choose, check with the rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back