Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conductive level probe query

Status
Not open for further replies.

justint

Electrical
Aug 17, 2007
GB
Hi
Has anyone ever heard of a conductive level probe that is based on one probe only with incremental pairs of contacts at levels along the probe?

I know such a device exists but any search string results in probes with 2 or more electrodes or pendular probes.

Any help appreciated

Justin Trainor

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I know of a major gas-turbine driven compressor package that used something like that on some of the auxiliaries. The company may was something like Delta or Omni. The packager was Burgess-Manning. I will check some old data on that machinery to see what I may find.

Delta was correct.
There were two of the multiple level switches on each compressor package. Each device included three or four functions with a high and low alarm for a total of four individual alarms per level cage. I saved something about the device due to a power issue, AC instead of DC the other way around.

2 PMS 5530 NH LEVEL SWITCH
MV 575
Manufacturer: Delta Controls Corp
Model...........: 105-1-7-ZZ
Type.............: Capacitance Multisegment Probe w/ Grounding
Tube and Rod
Connection...: NPS 6 Class 300 RF
Switch Form.: (1) SPDT, (2) SPST
Rating...........: 10 A @ 30 VDC
Power...........: 24 VDC
Area Class....: Class I, Group C&D, Div 1

These items were on a free standing assembly with the level control valves and gauge glasses mounted near the seal oil tank.

Thanks JLSeagull

I was wanting to stick with a conductive based probe as opposed to capacitive as we use conductive at present and our recieving equipment is based on such.

The majority of conductive probes on offer are based on 2 or more probes from a single head that swicth the conductive relay when contact is made between the probes via water.

I really need to find one that is a single probe with pairs of contacts at increments along the length of the probe.

There was a probe around many years ago supplied by Bestobell in Australia, the trade name was "Leveltrode" you might try that as a start.

Mark Hutton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back