Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Config.pro conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

techman007

Computer
Apr 3, 2001
We currently have several customers we do work for and we need different defaults set in the config.pro files for each customer. We don't want to do a different install for each customer as that would be to time consuming on the number of machines we need it on (We actually use network based binaries). We would use user based config.pro files (in their loadpoint directories) but then the standards go out the window.

My question is, does anyone know how to specify a different default config.pro for different .psf startups? We can change the modelcheck directory with the MCDIR system variable but I have as of yet not found a single way to change the loadpoint/text/config.pro variable.

If it were as easy as specifying CONFIGDIR or some such that would be great but from what I found on ptc.com there is nothing. Does anyone have any ideas on this matter, or has anyone even done this?

TIA

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My way around it:

Make a copy of your Pro/E shortcut (on your desktop or start menu).

Right click on that shortcut, select Properties, and change your "Start In" folder to a folder that you have created specifically for that client. Rename the shortcut so that it specifies which client/project it is for.

Copy the correct config.pro, config.win, etc etc into that folder.

When you start Pro/E using that shortcut, the Start In folder will be your Working Directory, and all of your config options should be loaded up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back