Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Configuration part will not select

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandytable

Mechanical
Dec 13, 2001
US
I have a configuration part that will not let me select it as a part, assembly part, or drawing part. The default part works fine, but configuration part,(it has one hole suppressed) will not select. It will not let me highlight any surfaces or features in the part, although I can pick planes. It will not let me pick the part in an assembly, but I can pick it from the tree. It will not let me attach a balloon or note to the part in the exploded view, although I can attach to any other part. I changed the part to the default part and it selects and the balloon attaches. I changed it back to the configuration part and the balloon remains attached, but I cannot attach anything else to it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had an issue similar to yours a couple of years ago. If my memory serves me correctly, something within the part file had become corrupted. I ended up recreating the part.
Have you tried opening the part file, deleting the offending config, save-as over itself and then recreating the config? If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to recreate the part.

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP

I started XP and SW this morning, opened the part and it now allows me to pick it in all uses (part, assembly, and drawings). Yesterday I restarted SW, but I do not think that I rebooted XP. I have no idea of what happened.

I want to thank all in this forum. It has been very valuable to me. I soon start work for a different company and will be using Inventor. I feel sure I will miss using SolidWorks and this forum. (I missed SW before when I used Pro-E for 2 years).

Thanks,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back