Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configure browser help for IE 6 in XP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSSmodel

Bioengineer
Oct 3, 2003
US
OK, here's one...I have installed both 2001 and 2000i2 on my computer and have the same trouble with the help files.

That trouble being...when I call up help from the program, the browser comes up and displays the normal home page for help.

If I click on "contents" at the top right corner, a new grey frame appears on the left hand side of the browser with no contents in it.

All that appears is an X at the top left corner of the new frame, indicating that something was supposed to be loaded in that was not.

The content list (which is what was supposed to be loaded in) is included in the help file directory as I can path to it and bring it up as web page. The only problem with that being that all of the topics are permanently expanded...clickable...but expanded.

I have IE 6 and Win XP Pro on the machine, latest updates for both. I can find no reference to this problem anywhere on the web.

Has anyone had this problem before and what is the fix.

Hoping for help

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try reconfiguring the Pro/E installation.

Go to <Pro/E Loadpoint>/bin/ptcsetup.bat & run it.

This will run PTCSetup. Click next a few times and you should have an option to point Pro/E to the Help files path.

Completing this will set up your Pro/E startup icons again.

Hope it helps...
-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back