Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conflict Management during Save operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

superskiaholic

Industrial
Jun 29, 2012
CA
Using Wildfire 4 with Windchill 10.
Working on large assemblies or large assembly drawings, when I press Save the following occurs (every time):
1) Conflict screen popup that says it skipped regeneration of read-only components. No Actions available so I press OK.
2) The dialog that confirms the filename you want to save. I press OK.
3) Another Conflict management popup that lists even more files than in step 1, with options to Check Out, Make Read Only, or Continue. I press Make Read Only.
4) It's unable to save to workspace, so I have to repeat. Save again, repeat steps 1-3 except at step 3, there's an option to Skip all the objects. I Skip all the objects and the assembly/drawing saves.

My question: Why do I have to go through the Save routine twice in order for it to stick? How can I speed up the Save cycle?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Two config options can help here

dm_cache_mode modified - only saved modified objects
regenerate_read_only_objects no - prevents regeneration of read-only objects

You could have modified components throughout you assembly structure. Any part that was saved in an earlier version of Wildfire will ne marked as modified when you open it.
Regenerate_read_only_objects will help as long as the older parts are released, and you are not an admin, or in a RO library.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back