Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect NX 7.5.5.4 MP12 with foreign licenses to own 4Tier Teamcenter 8.3 UA server via VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAhrens

Industrial
Oct 3, 2013
DE
Dear Teamcenter and NX Experts,
I'm currently facing a massive problem by connecting external CAD ressources to our Teamcenter system. We are currently running Teamcenter UA 8.3 in 4Tier mode on a single box while NX 7.5.5.4 MP12 CAD clients connecting in 4Tier mode. All the NX MACH 2 NX12100 licenses and the Teamcenter_Author licenses are hosted from this central server. For a hot project we want to include external CAD ressources in a simultaneous engineering secenario to our product development process. The intent is that the external users resp. suppliers are using the same NX12100 MACH Bundle license packages from their own license servers while connecting them through a Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway VPN Tunnel to our Teamcenter server. In the VPn Settings I have opened the ports for the File Management System and the JBOSS Web Application service. Furthermoe we have already invested into additional nx_integration license features, which are shipped with the TC30600 product package. But up to now I was not able to establish such a scenario. I can run the Teamcenter Rich Client Portal on the clients. The Portals is communicating well through the VPN tunnel. But if I want to start an linked NX session it wuits with a SOA resp. Web Tier down error messagee. I' convinced that i have setup the HTTP URL for NX correctly. A side effect that I'm also nat able to share any FlexNet license through the VPN tunnel even if I have defined the forward and backward ports in the license file at the SERVER and VENDOR ugslmd PORT=XXX line.

How is NX communicating to the Teamcenter 4Tier Portal in reality? Which additional TCP ports have to be passed through? What is the reason for the missing FlexNet license avaialability through the VPN Tunnel?

Regards

Matthias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back