Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting Ansys to Matlab, adjusting spring force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete2223

Structural
Apr 17, 2016
DE
Hi, I am currently working on my simulation in Ansys that is a part of my desertation and have encountered a problem which I think is only to solve using matlab. I am simulating a seal that is compressed by a spring. The loading that opens the seal is the internal pressure on one side of the seal. What I need to do is to find a spring force at which the seal is just about to open. What I would need from Matlab is to increase/decrease the spring force by delta F if after the simulation it turns out that the internal pressure opened/not opened and restart the simulation from the beginning. In other words if in the nth run the contact stays close, we decrease the spring force by delta F, if in the n+1th run the contact opens we increase the spring force by a smaller delta F and the other way around if the contact status goes from open to close, and we run the simulation again. We finish the simulation at a given, very small delta F which gives us an accurate value of a spring force for a given internal pressure. Would you have any hints on that or have experience with a similar problem? I have already written an Ansys APDL code for a given pressure and a spring force. Would anyone have an idea how to solve this entirely in Ansys?

I would appreciate any hints or materials on connecting ansys to matlab and other help that would let me go further with my desertation.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back