Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Constraining a U-joint Between Assemblies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Designer316

Mechanical
Oct 17, 2005
US
I am trying to constrain an assembly which is a double u-joint between two shafts. Each shaft is part of a seperate assembly. The two assemblies are constrained together. The u-joint has a foating constraint on the length of the sliding link between the two u-joint ends. I can't seem to constrain the u-joint to the two other assemblies. I have tried using the adjustable assembly option on one or two of the assemblies, however, I can only sucessfully constrain one of the two assemblies with the u-joint. (If I constrain both to the u-joint they will not align with each other.) The error messages I get are either for circular reference or for conflicting constraints.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well...... I could not find a ground constraint on anything but the base assembly. I reconstrained both sub assembliees and made both of them adjustable. At that point it all worked out. Thanks for the help fwc!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back