Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Constraint pool exhausted- how can this be fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Koss

Automotive
Apr 8, 2020
DE
Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a pretty big assembly model. Everything seems to run fine except for when I add the final few components to the assembly. Whenever I try to solve, it gives out the following warning:

***WARNING: EXHAUSTED THE CONTACT CONSTRAINT POOL.

What does this mean? There seem to be no real issues with the part. The simulation works with the part being in it, but not in its place (it's a cap of a part). Whenever I move it to its destined location, the mentioned warning occurs, and the simulation fails after a few increment attempts. How can this be fixed?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Afterwards there are some max. penetration errors happening. This is the first warning message. I am guessing the penetration errors occur due to something being wrong initially with the contact, since I checked the exact node where the error is supposed to be, and it seemed perfectly fine, no overlaps in sight.

Currently, there is just general contact between those two faces. Sadly, I am not able to attach any Photographs of the model due to privacy reasons. It's a curved shell geometry, which lies on top of another shell. The thing that makes me question the cause of the error is the fact, that when I move this particular shell away from the model (fixed with BCs), basically detaching it from the rest of the assembly, it runs. When I change its location to where it's supposed to be, the simulation gives out those error messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back