Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Constraints

Status
Not open for further replies.

jethro511

Mechanical
Mar 21, 2001
CA
Is anyone else getting VERY annoyed by some of the constraint that inventor puts in without you knowing? Anyone know how to turn them off? PLEASE!!!

I'm spending alot of time moving my mouse around so these constrains pick the proper line or removing some of the constaints I don't want. I'm finding even when I use the ctrl key it still adds some constraints. There must be an off

[mad] I'm getting sick of this program putting in what it thinks I want.[mad]
Jeff

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Jeff,

The ctrl key is the only way I know to suppress constraints in a sketch. I presume this is in a .idw file. If it is, maybe you're applying a sketch to a view and not to the page. With a view, ths sketch lines try to constrain to the geometry of a particular view you have brought in. The ctrl override works but centerpoints of round features will not be overridden. When the sketch is put on the page by first clicking on the page outside of any views, the lines will only constrain to each other with the ctrl key override in effect.

If you're in a sketch in a .ipt file, you should use the constraint tools as much as possible. To make the sketch be fully contrained will only require minimal dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back