Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Consulting for Bridge/higway/roadway design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noopur

Structural
Aug 19, 2002
Is there anybody out there who is doing or can give advice about doing consulting for bridge/roadway/highway design/drafting?
What are the obstacles, legal issues, basic needs...or anything you can suggest?
I would really appreciate any input/guidance/advice/thoughts.

Noopur Jain
Bridge/Civil/Structural Engineer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks ..but I can not find any thread specifically related to bridge/highway design consulting. Please help me out. May be I am not using the right search method.
would appreciate a link to relavant threads if anybody can.
Thanks,

Noopur Jain

The legal issues are similar to anything safety related, so check out the threads on using stamps, as well as some in the past few months about non-engineers doing engineering work, etc. Basic needs and obstacles are covered in threads dealing with setting up your own business.

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

I have gone through all the threads and there is bunch of information about doing consulting business which is not related to any specific field. And all this information is really great.

But I specifically wanted to ask if anybody has done or doing consulting for bridge and raodway design, specially for DOT works?

I think that lot of people do consulting for civil/commercial/residential/drainage/buildings work but have not seen many working on bridge/transportation design.

Any specific advice related to this fields?

Noopur Jain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back