Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contact-ErrorMessage

Status
Not open for further replies.

navigator30

Mechanical
May 1, 2006
DE
HI!

Please help!
I have created a model of 3 pieces (deformable solids) lying one above the other. And defined contact interaction (tangential and normal)between them. The undermost solid is restricted by "encastre". Now I would like to put a load on the top of the uppermost surface. But at clicking on the load-symbol(in the CAE) I get an Error message, that is: "At least one Static Linear Perturbation or Steady State Dynamic Direct stap is requiered to create a load step". Sooooo, what does that mean? Whatcan I have done wrong? What do I have to change?

Load of thanx!!for any help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi!

Yes I have defined steps, I'm having an initial step and my load step. But I just realised that the error message occurs when I click on LOad Cases instead of Loads. But what´s the difference between them?

And annother thing. My calculation gets aborted every time I run it. The error message I get, tells me that I'm having an problem with the hourglass stiffnes. Could it be due to the fact, that the middle layer is very soft? What can I do? I tried to set the hourglass control on enhanced but it didn´t work neither.

bye!

Hello,
for load cases just take a look at the chapter 6.1.3 of the abaqus analysis user's manual.
for the hourglass problem, you could use another type of element or try it with the key "*hourglass stiffness" which is in your case a suboption of the key "*solid section"
by

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back