Contact Interface 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tantax

Bioengineer
Apr 16, 2013
FR
Hii everyone!!

I've got a pb so hope someone will be able to help me.
Here is a picture of the system I'm working on. The aim of the simulation is to apply a load on the hemispherical element (orange arrow).
Because of this load, the system is pivoting to the left. My pb is: the screw you can see in the middle of the system throught the interface located on its right ( red circle). The screw should stop itself on the interface. But How could I do that? Add a contact interface?

Thanks !!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi andre333,

I added a contact interface but I don't really know if it worked.
Indeed, when I want to look my system with an animation, there are just 2 frames in the animation instead of 8 ( because I chose 8 frame for the animation).
i observed that when I add a contact interface, the animation works with 2 steps: one at 0scd and the second one at 1scd. I tried to add more steps but I didn't find how.
do you know what I mean?

Hi Tantax,

I know what you mean but i'm not an expert myself. I have added some contact surfaces im my simulations and just used step1 for the results, but I noticed the same as you.
Unfortunately i'm having some doubts myself in how to correctly set up the simulation for assembled parts. :(

If you want to animate multiple steps in the output, you'll have to (like any FEA program) request that output from the analysis. In the analysis setup dialog box you'll find an "Output" tab. You'll see by default the output is saved at Time 0 and "automatic" meaning the end of the solution. You should try User defined steps, as many as you like, with uniform or whatever intervals you like. The animation playback is a time based animation, meaning it flips through each of these intervals. Hope this helps!

Hi everyone,

thanks for your reponses.
Brep I found in the analysis setup dialog box the "Output" tab you talked about. But there is nothing about the fact that it's saved at Time 0 Oo" And nothing about the steps I should be able to define...
I cliked on the "Analysis" key. Then the "Analysis and conception studies" window appears. I define a new static analysis with which I define the convergence% and Indeed there is a "Output" tab but nothing about what you talked about..
Here is a picture of the window (but in french...)

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f6bbd67d-0687-43e1-b7c6-8f7b3a8871c9&file=Sans_titre.bmp
Tantax,

In order to see what I described you'll need to check the box (shown in your attached picture of the dialog box) that says "Non Lineare / Utiliser les historiques de charge"

Hi brep,

Oki I understand what you mean. I checked this box and Indeed I can edit the output tab ;)

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back