Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Content Center Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

skimmerman

Mechanical
May 6, 2009
US
I recently had to move from one computer to another. Old computer has Inventor 2011. I installed Inventor 2011 on new computer. I moved all my Inventor files from old computer to the new one. On the new computer, once I am in Inventor, if I open an existing assembly that I had on my old computer, the resolve link screen comes up. All nuts, bolts, washers, etc, that were in the assembly cannot be found now in the content center library.
How do I go about getting those nuts and bolts back? Or showing Inventor where to look.
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sounds like you might need some training on what projects are. If you are using Inventor, you ARE using at least one project.

Now as to your problem. In a project file there is a location that will place standard Content Center parts into a specified directory. Odds are when you "copied all your files" you did not know this to be the case for your Content Center items or never stored them properly on a network location. Your Content Center files are probably still over on your old PC. Had you done a Pack and Go with libraries then it would have grabbed them. Using folder level windows copies will never get them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back