Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contextual vs CCP Links in a product... Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

l3obAero

Aerospace
Jan 23, 2009
US
I wrote a script to copy past hundreds of fastener locations from multiple Catparts to a Ref CatPart for NC riveting. The first time, I found I had the old issue of Contextural links that are tied back to the product opened at the time of copying the points. I later re-wrote the script to provide the CCP (Copy-Cut-Paste) links that are NOT tied back to a product; the problem is I had to have each of the Catparts open in their own window to accomplish this. My question is; Has anyone found a way to get CCP links, independend of the Product, using Copy-Paste part-to-part within a product structure. This would avoid the need to open everything in separate windows; while providing the ease of running a script in a product window and selecting the CatParts from one tree within a product. Just seems logical that Catia would/should give that option even within the product to choose CCP or Contextual links. I've looked through several tip sheets on Links, but they all seem to imply that if you are in a product, you are stuck with Contextual links that point you back to the product struction rather than the Catpart.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I agree with you I3ob. It would be nice if there was a way to convert a Contextual (Instance) link into a CCP link, and visa-versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back