Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Continuous flue gas analyser for boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA07

Electrical
Feb 22, 2018
MU
Hi

We have 2 continuous flue gas analysers installed on our stacks for 2 different power plants. They are of the make Seres (France). Since installations, the equipment does not seem reliable. Deviation of measurement, breakdowns. The manufacturer has closed down.
We are measuring O2, CO, CO2, SOx, NO2, dust particulate matter. The equipment samples the flue gas from the stack through a pipe and the electronic device is found at ground level in a room. Except the dust particulate matter which is found on the stack itself.
Can you propose other equipment, make technology which is reliable with good after sales service to do such measurements? These measurements are very important as they must be submitted to the Ministry of Environment.
We are a tropical island where there are lightning during summer. The boilers use coal or sugar cane bagasse as fuel. Thks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I will start by suggesting that you move this post to the Energy engineering forum.
people that I know are using 2 or 3 different instruments to make these measurements, partially for redundancy and partially to keep the devices simpler.
I don't know of any case where these are truly trouble free. Sorry.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, consulting work welcomed

Edstainless

Thks for reply. Is it possible for you to move this post to Energy Engineering? I do not see how to do it. Thks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back