Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Control over the Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveVikingPE

Structural
Aug 9, 2001
US
Boy, I accidentally play with the time settings on my workstation and now Microstation tells me that the "time difference between your workstation and the license server is too great. A usage has not been granted."

I set the time back during the same login session yet Microstation ("J") gives me the same message. I've been bugging the IM folks to help me out for three days and I haven't been able to use the program I have been steadily using since 1998.

Tell you what, Bentley, and everyone else out there conning firms into buying license argeements - instead of getting a program that does the job properly, quickly and doesn't need to be upgraded - it's little "quirks" like that that are maddeningly irritating. Why the heck should I be handcuffed into not being able to set the time on my computer? Don't expect me to be nice to your annoying salespeople for a long time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the warning - I won't be playing with the time on my machine now! That's a silly Bentley quirk. But I wouldn't say that these companies are conning people - they need some sort of licensing to make a livelihood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back