Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Control Printer Advanced Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

rturney

Mechanical
Feb 8, 2005
US
I need to be able to change the advanced settings of a printer by means of VB6 code with no user intervention. I want to activate the Watermark function in the printer settings, before printing out a machine drawing so that when it prints it will show "Confidential" across it. Then, after the print is complete, restore the normal settings. I can do this manually with no problems. But there has to be a way to do this through code. The drawings are scanned and in TIFF format.

Any ideas would be appreciated,
-Bob

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have a similar problem to this, did you find a solution ?

Hey ruskie,
No, I never did find a way to do that. I followed some leads on other forums but came up empty. I didn't have a lot of time to spare, so I ended up just writing some opaque text to the drawing in the upper regions, away from the dimensions (hopefully). It's not pretty, but functional ;-) By the way, I'm using the Kodak Imaging component that came with Win2000 to manipulate the *.tif images.

I'm still interested so if you find a way please post your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back