Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Control Transformer, 5KVA, input voltage (110/208 1-phase), output voltage (230V 1-phase L-N)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonaiyensa

Electrical
Mar 12, 2004
SA
I appreciate if anybody can help. I need to find control transformer with size 5KVA, and have input voltage 110/208 single-phase, and have output voltage 230V single-phase (L-N), please note the output voltage must be single phase L-N 230V.
Regards, Salah

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

sonaiyensa (Electrical)(OP)7 Oct 23 15:56
"... I need to find control transformer with size 5KVA, and have input voltage 110/208 single-phase, and have output voltage 230V single-phase (L-N), please note the output voltage must be single phase L-N 230V."
1. Your requirement is nothing special. You do not have to buy it from the OEM. The important thing is perhaps you need very low voltage drop, for control purposes. State your conditions. Any small transformer workshop can produce it.
2. Your requirement of 5kVA for a control transformer seems to be on the high side. To reduce the rating, remove all other loads; use it for control circuits only.
3. Are you very far aways from any small transformer manufacturer?
Che Kuan Yau (Singapore)

Note that if you are in a building with 208V then you also have 120V, not 110V.

If you're using 208V then consider a boost transformer. For example, an off the shelf 208:24V can step 208 up to 232V which is close enough to 230V. The VA can be a lot smaller compared to using an isolation transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back