Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

control valve setting-water distribution system. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceseng

Civil/Environmental
Dec 6, 2008
US
can we change a setup value of the control valve automatically? by using solenoid control?

for example, I have a pressure sustaining valve, I want the setting change by time, like, from 0-4am, the setting is 80 psi, 4-8am, the setting is 70 psi, 8am-12pm, the setting is 60 psi.

thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In your other post, you mention Bermad, so I assume your using generic hydraulic control valves. You can change setting using solenoids to select different pilot valves. You will need one pilot for each pressure setting and one solenoid upstream of each.
Steve

You do not mention dimension of pipeline or flow requirements. A second alternative would be to have an electric operated control valve, for instance needle valve type to cover a widest possible range of situations, have a 4-20mA or similar pressure meter far downstream and regulate the regulating valve with at best continous 4-20mA signal in and out compared to downstream pressure.

In case: remember slow regulating and damped and large enough hysteresis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back