Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Controling Rendering Position

Status
Not open for further replies.

srki

Computer
Aug 9, 2004
ZA
Hi all!
I am new to SW, and to the forum, and glad that I found such a place to share experiances, and pain...
I made two different models and wanted to render them from the same position. Because I am very familliar with 3DS Max, I would use cameras with equal coordinates, but in SW you can not, at least to my knowledge, enter parameters for custom view. One million dollar question will be, is it possible? and how?
Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

srki

You can create 2 planes for part orientation. Create one plane that will be facing to you when the part is correctly oriented. Create another plane (perpendicular to the first) that will define the top of the part.

Then select, in this order, the face plane and the top plane. Select Modify/Orientation/Normal To.

Regards

You are correct. In SW you can not specify a camera location by coordinates. The best answer I can give is to open your first file and figure out the steps to place the camera where it should be and save the view. Then open your second file and do the exact same steps. This would give you the same view in each file. Another method may be to start an assembly and place both parts in the assembly. Create two configurations each one only showing one of the parts. Set up the camera in the correct position and then switch between configurations. This would allow you to view thew two parts seperately from the exact same position. This would also allow rendering of different materials because PhotoWorks materials are configuration specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back