Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ControlLogix 1769-L30ER to RSlogix500 ethernet issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrcooper

Electrical
Aug 31, 2011
US
In RSlogix5000, under the communications tab, who active, I see the IP address of the PLC showing (Im guessing) default of 169.254.0.1, but as an unknown device. I've set the the address of the PC to static, giving it an address of 169.254.0.2, mask of 255.255.255.0, and gateway of 169.254.0.5

In the who active, it shows the computer with the given address, but it can't link to the PLC. I've tried straight and cross over cables.

I've also tried the USB interface but it cant find the drivers....and searching doesn't seem to locate anything either.

This is running XP on the PC, so under the hardware manager, it can find the PLC and identifies it (so its enumerating) but not indication of what driver its looking for.

Has to be something simple...im sure.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, of course right after I posted I found some info...

used the BootP to make sure I had the IP set correctly.

Then finally found a dialog box that said...cant talk to it because you need a firmware update. Well of course I do...

It updates the firmware, or at least reports its doing it.

So it now tells me that it cannot communicate due to the firmware version and the offline program are not compatible.

This is a brand new RSlogix release 20.11
The firmware is updated to 21.11 and the offline program says its 20.xx

So whats next? Options say to upgrade the firmware or modify the project revision, but no choices for the project revision other than 20 are allowed.

two options: load firmware 20.11 into PLC CPU, OR, update RS5000 to include firmware V21.11 then change the project CPU firmware to 21.11. the versions between CPU and project in RS5000 have to match or you cant go online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back