Controllogix - Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

automatic2

Industrial
Nov 2, 2002
CA
anyone with any info?

trying to add a digital input Change of State event to my program. Have created the task, the program and a simple routine which increments a dINT, to confirm the call. Event set up as COS, tagged to an AC input module. That module then has a single input set for COS on rise.

Problem is the incrementing dINT indicates continous call regardless of input status. Monitoring the task shows it's called every 20ms, same as the RPI rate. The module does reside on a remote rack over DeviceNet.

I'm stumped.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you have this input checked only on this card for either ON>OFF or OFF>ON input change of state?
Cant have other IO points checked besides the above input on this card or these will affect the event.

Under the task config, do you have it set for the following:
Trigger = Module Input Data State change
Tag = the Input data IO point

Remember if the event is over controlnet there is the NUT delay added to this input response. Versus if it was in the local chassis where there is only a RPI delay of .2mSec

Thanks for that. Every thing set as you've indicated. I was able to resolve the problem my switching to a module in the local chassis. In reading docs, it appears that the event will fire on the reciept of packet from remote chassis, where as in the local chassis, an COS can fire the event seperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back