Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

convergaence graph 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aminjamali

Civil/Environmental
Sep 28, 2008
CH
Hi everybody,

Does anyone know where to find the convergence graph? It shows up after each nonlinear run but I am wondering how I can have access to this graph anytime I need.

Thanks alot :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can find it on the tree:
Solution > Solution Information

Be sure to change "Solution Output" in the Details of the Solution Information to "Force Convergence" or the convergence of whatever you want.

Hi Cranisch,

I can't find "Solution Information" under "Solution" in the main menu. I use ANSYS11.0?
Also, your comment on checking out the solver sounds very smart:) ...Could you tell me--first of all--where can I find the "solver"? I am not really that new to ANSYS but apparently I have a long way to go to be as good as you :-------)
BTW...thanks ALOT for your help!

Amin

Hi jiligeo,

Thanks for replying :) I had tried the latter, actually I am wondering how one can plot the graph--like the other stuff (stresses, strains, deformations,...)? In the "Plot" menu, there are variety of different things to be plotted except the Convergence graph :(

...Amin

Hi, you have to plot that with print screen, if you do not have the graph until the end of analysis, you have to change the compatibility of your Ansys with windows.
You can find that at:
Start menu of windows--, program--, Ansys 11--, Ansys
Right click on Ansys--, properties--, compatibility
Active the program compatibility, and change that to win 2000 (even for win xp)

Regards

Hi jiligeo,

Thanks. I am quoting from an expert:

"The /GST command describes the various options for output of the graphical solution tracking data. For a batch run, you can save the data to a file that can be plotted later. There are several similar output commands to /GST. The MONITOR command in conjunction with SOLC,ON allows tracking of several solution quantities. There are also the NLDIAG and NLHIST commands that track other solution information."
I hope is helpful for you either?

Amin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back