Conversion of vibro acoustics measurement data

Status
Not open for further replies.

uddot

Mechanical
Jun 20, 2013
DE
Hey there!

my company does vibro acoustic measurement using LMS TestLab. We are also offering our equipment to customers or doing measurement for them. Some of them are using Matlab, some PAK by Müller BBM to do the analysis. Our problem is to convert the measurement data from TestLab to .pak or matlab. Does anybody know software do so? I would really like doing most of that by drag and drop. TestLab is able to export data to .uff and some other formats, but its quite inconvenient to export the data and sometimes you are loosing some information too.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What about this:
"LMS Test.Lab Desktop – Standard has numerous import and export possibilities: export
to Universal File, SDF, Matlab, Dynaworks, wav and Text; import from Universal File,
Matlab, Dynaworks, STL, TEAC TAFFmat, wav. Nastran and nCode DAC are optional."

Walt

Yes, I know about those export options. We do use them at the moment, but its s quite inconvenient to use them. We would really like to have something more convenient because theres really a lot of data.

One way to export data from one program to matlab is to look at how the program is storing its data, that is open it in a text editor of your choice. When you know how to find the data in the file, simply use matlabs scanf() feature (just Google matlab scanf) and set the parameters like "start at row 3, copy all integers to a vector" (but in matlab code, obviously). I'm note sure what format scanf can use, but changing the file name end from .uff to .txt usually does the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back