Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Convert Cell Types 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dik

Structural
Apr 13, 2001
CA
I've inadvertently changed all the cell types in my spreadsheet to 'Drop Down Lists'... and need to convert them to regular data cells.

Clipboard01_dvgs1o.jpg

I've been unable to find information on this on the web. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dik

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

From
Delete drop-down list from all cells in the current sheet
To remove a certain drop-down list from all the cells in the active worksheet, these are the steps to perform:

Select any cell containing your drop-down list.
On the Data tab, click Data Validation.
On the Settings tab of the Data Validation window, check the Apply these changes to all other cells with the same settings box.
Checking this option will automatically select all the cells referencing this particular list in the active sheet.

Click the Clear All button.
Click OK to save the changes and close the window.

IRS... the little clip I posted was an example of the entire sheet. I redid the sheet in three or four steps, saving each as a different file.. I then blew away the offending sheet. As a dropdown, I couldn't enter data in any of the cells... I don't know how I did it, but will look at 3DD's method.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Thanks Mint... no idea of how I did this...

-----*****-----

-Dik

Works... thanks Gentlemen (Binary term)

-----*****-----

-Dik

"no idea of how I did this"

Maybe a multiple cell COPY n PASTE with what appeared to be EMPTY cells?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Thanks Skip... The whole sheet was 'converted' even those cells that had data and formulae... and you could not edit the cells. Very strange and happened in an instant.

-----*****-----

-Dik

I was thinking something more apocalyptic...

-----*****-----

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back