Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert Drawing to PDF Using JLINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBos

Computer
Feb 19, 2009
US
Hi. New to the forum. I'm writing some JAVA code to automate conversion of Pro/E drawings to PDF files. I can launch a session. I can retrieve the model and display the drawing. Then I try to use RunMacro to convert the drawing to a PDF. All it ever does is save it to another drawing file. I leave the Pro/E session up and the drawing open, try to use the same steps to save a copy of the drawing as a PDF and the only choices I see for what file types to save it as are Drawing(*.drw) and ZIP(*.zip). Even the mapkey I used to get the steps for my macro doesn't work, still saves it as a drawing. I close the drawing, open it up again and then the mapkey works. So something is wrong with how that drawing is getting opened, but I can't figure out what. Sorry for the long drawn out explanation. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Simply print the proe drawing from a PDF printer program. like PRIMO PDF or anyone u find. and u will get the pdf of the ur drawing w/o making any java macro.

Try Freedist.
Freedist is very popular for this. It's what we use. Google "freedist" and you'll find a site for downloading the freedist program.

Freedist is "the Freeware equivalent of Adobe distiller".

Regards,
Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back