Convert G-Code to event series 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed_abdelgawad

Mechanical
May 30, 2023
AE
Hi everyone,

My question is that: after downloading the file generateEventSeries.py and using it with the generated G-code from replicatorG,
I got the following Error from Line 241 in Gcodereader.py "The Gcode data is not found as expected when looking for the first instance for the extruder/pump start"

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Ahmed PhD\ABAQUS AM\Code\generateEventSeries.py", line 68, in <module>
import GcodeReader as myGcode
File "D:\Ahmed PhD\ABAQUS AM\Code\GcodeReader.py", line 241
raise ValueError,"The Gcode data is not found as expected when looking for the first instance for the extruder/pump start"
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

even when I used the gcode example from knowledge base, I have faced the same issue.
I have attached the G-code file.
( )
I hope someone else can help me!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you using the exact command described in the "Abaqus/CAE Plug-in Utility for Additive Manufacturing Process Simulation" pdf document to run the script ?

For the smallcube.gcode example it's: abaqus python generateEventSeries.py smallcube.gcode 0.5 1.0 1000

Thank you so much for your reply
The command was "PS D:\Ahmed PhD\ABAQUS AM\Code> python3 generateEventSeries.py dog.gcode 0.5 10 100"
I don't know how to use "abaqus python generateEventSeries.py smallcube.gcode 0.5 1.0 1000"
Do I need to add abaqus to the same directory with the python code.
I have attached the two lines I used in the following image
and the files in my directory in the following image
Thank you so much in advance.

Try that command from my previous reply without changing python to python3. The abaqus command should work by default after successful Abaqus installation (an alternative is for example abq2022 or abq2023hf2, depending on the release and fix pack).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back