Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Convert Gcode to Event Series for AM-plugin in ABAQUS for Fused Deposition Modelling Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

FEA__

Mechanical
Oct 15, 2021
CA
Hello,
I want to convert G-code to event series for simulating Fused Deposition Modelling Process. I cannot find generateEventseries.py file. Can anyone please help me to find the right file to convert Gcode(generated using ReplicatorG) to Event Series format for Fused Deposition Modelling Process?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The script named generateEventSeries.py should be available among the files downloaded with the AM Modeler plug-in from Dassault Systemes website "Digital Additive Manufacturing".

Hello,
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I cannot find the file with my AM-Plug-in. Moreover, one I found on internet was for LDED and not FDM. But I am sure it exists for FDM because relevant literature states it. Can you please forward the link if you have? It would be very helpful.

Regards,

Check the Dassault Systemes Knowledge Base article QA00000057533 ("Abaqus/CAE Plug-in Utility for Additive Manufacturing Process Simulation"). The script is there among the files for Abaqus 2019.

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately It shows that knowledge base is Unavailable at the moment for last few days. I don’t know what I can do. I have a presentation coming up and this file will really make life much easier. Please let me know if you can access the knowledge base or you can share the file.

Thanks,

Knowledge Base is quite often unavailable due to maintenance or some issues on their side. However, it might be also related to access privileges - at least some of the articles are available only for customers. Files with such access restrictions can't be shared outside of KB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back