Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting ACIS file to older version

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatCouture

Mechanical
Jun 6, 2003
CA
Hi! We are working with SW 2010 and we got some files that were sent to us in ACIS format (.sat) I was unable to open them and the error message I got was that the ACIS files were from a newer version.

I've been able to open them with a trial copy of SW 2012 and saving back to a parasolid files that I would be able to open with my 2010 version. So right now I'm good!

But for future proofing I would like to know if there are some converters available for free or for cheap that would be able to convert the files to a previous version so I would be able to open them?

I wish I could just upgrade to SW 2012 but there are factors out of my control that prevents me from doing so! Also in that case asking the client for new files was not an option!

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You might also search for Hoops ACIS Viewer.
The location in that program to change versions is not where you would normally expect to find it in a Windows-based program.

The other option is to ask the company supplying the ACIS files to provide them in a format supported by SW2010.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Thanks Ben

That was my first reaction when I could not open the files. But it seems it wasn't an option to contact the customer. I think sales forgot to work on that project for a couple of weeks and since they didn't want to look bad we had to put up with what we had.

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back