Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting BRAVO to SW or pfd- 2D to 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amear

Mechanical
Dec 6, 2004
CA
Many many many posts talk about converting old 2D drawings to SW, and it seems like its been suggested to re draw the files individually. The company I am working for has near 20 000 files needed to convert form BRAVO to SW or PDF format, some form of presorvation. (bravo and SW both have DWG extensions, and its messing everything around) Our company is joining with another. Outsourcing is an option, but were trying to do this quickly and efficiently. any ideas? Thanks a million

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Bravo --> SWX --> PDF. Why bother with SolidWorks at all IF your only requirement is to have them in pdf? We bought a large format scanner and have scanned all our old drawings, saved them as pdf's and access them electronically.

On the other hand, if you need the parts/assemblies/drawings to exist in an editable electronic format then your best bet is to model them from scratch in SWX. As many, many, many posts have indicated, in the long run this is by far the best solution: parametric files, flexible work (as folks are available), easy to farm it out, great training. One of the things about a good working drawing is that it clearly defines the part which makes modeling it a no-brainier. Figuring out the design from scratch usually involves several iterations, configurations, etc. Often I'll use a multitude of techniques to arrive at my design and then will make a new "clean" model to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back