Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting Images or word clip art into something acad can interpret

Status
Not open for further replies.

merz38

Mechanical
Jul 22, 2011
US
I'm in the process of building a title block, I'm trying to avoid drawing the whole company logo out by hand. Is there a shorthand way to take this piece of clip art from the word doc and convert it to something that acad can interpret?

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Use a picture editor (I like IRFANVIEW, but there are other great ones out there) and select the part of the image you want to use in your ACAD:

Screen capture the portion of the WORD document showing the logo using your PRTSCRN key on your keyboard. The image is now on the clipboard (from prtscrn). CTRL-V or EDIT-Insert it into the IRFAVIEW (or other) window. Draw a box around JUST the logo. Go to EDIT-CROP-Selection to isolate the logo. SAVEAS to a filename you think is appropriate.

Use ACAD's image insert commands to insert, scale, rotate and position as you would positioning any ACAD entity. For 99% of the cases you are done. Also, I'd place it on a layer I could lock easily, but that's just me.

Since you can have white backgrounds in your drawing tabs, this should work perfectly for you, since you're likely printing on white paper.

Good luck, and let us know how it went !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back