Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converty Spline to Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

SylvestreW

Mechanical
Apr 11, 2005
CA
I have AutoCAD 2006 LT and I received a drawing (.dwg) file that was scanned, and converted into a drawing. I'm not sure of the process the client used but at the end of the day, I have a file where all the objects are "splines".

I have to take the drawing, save it as a .dxf and import it into another program. Unfortunately, the program I use doesn't "like" splines, so it's not working out very well.

I've tried searching but there doesn't seem to be an option to convert all splines to lines. Does anyone know a command to carry out that out?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I remember Terramodel has a "Despline" command. If you know anyone who runs that, email it to them and ask them to open, despline, then save back to AutoCAD. That will get you plines. But, you probably won't be very happy with the results. Splines are best-fit curves between vertices. A pline will follow linearly to each vertex. For Mechanical drawings, you might be OK, but when us site/civil folks try that with contours, we end up with an unuseable mess. Good luck and good weekend.

Engineering is the practice of the art of science - Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back