Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conveyor Belt Component Price Estimates

Status
Not open for further replies.

MINESCO

Civil/Environmental
Jan 11, 2004
US
I am a consulting engineer working on a conveyor belt system reconfiguration required due to an eminent domain taking, and I am looking for component priceing information of a budgetary nature.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Minesco
There are many well-known Eng. companies that may help you in a budget estimate. Try ay CONVEYOR ENGINEERING Inc.

You may give some information:
- GA drawing of actual conveyor
- Material properties & actual flow rating
- Conveyor actual Data Sheet
- Proposed modifications.

Best Regards & Good Luck

For a consultant you supply very little information so it is hard to help you. A good rule of thumb for North America for a 24" conveyor is about $500/ft including all idlers, belt, cabin etc. plus $150/ft for labour not including heacy equipment to lift it into place, nor insulation if the climate requires it. For larger belts proportion these costs up. You may also want to check out the web "Conveyor Services Directory" which will give you a gateway to all suppliers
if you want more help e-mail me broadfam@ntl.sympatico.ca I would hate to think that help was available but you chose not to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back