Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conveyor System for a Residential Work Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsianEngineer

Structural
Jun 15, 2006
US
Well, I have a client that wants to install a conveyor system in his workshop to carry large stones. I was originally hired to replace a steel column that had rusted and now he wants to completely remodel the workshop. So, my question to all of you is do you guys/gals know of a conveyor system package that can be purchased, in which case I'll just have to design the supports, or well I have to design the system myself, which well be good times, but not something I look forward to doing. Any help or advice well be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You might want to try and ask in the Mining Engineers Extraction and production engineering foum. The have had several discussions on conveyors. Although the scale is different, they may be able to lead you to some manufacturers.

I assume this is hobby type stuff and not big production. In that case, you might want to look at a conveyor for warehouse or retail stocking operations. There are plenty of flatbelt conveyors out there that can handle a few hundred pounds of stuff.

Mining and concrete conveyors are going to be huge, high production, and high cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back