Coordinates or mapping of pressure vessel during internal inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolucas75

Civil/Environmental
Sep 21, 2010
GE
Dear Forum,

From your experience would you please advise me what might be the most appropriate or common way to establish a kind of coordinates when performing internal inspection let's say of cylindrical pressure vessel.... i mean - i found a corrosion "here and here" ... is there a common practice to record these locations?

If it is a horizontal cylinder it might be a bottom line (starting from one of the heads) as a reference having a perpendicular arcs for example ?
Also it to be a user friendly for many type of people who may work in tank ... blaster, painter, welder...

What would you suggest from your experience ?
THks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Take a marker pen / paint spray can and a camera.

Internal maybe define your start point for the main cylinder as one end at the base and refer length from there and distance from there as a circumference location plus or minus.

Then you can lay out the plan like a flat plate with the base line down the centre.

The ends start from the centre and note angle and distance from the centre to the location (easy to measure with a tape)
Again draw as an orange peel type drawing or similar

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

There is a good youtube chanel of an experienced guy that does pressure vessels inspections. He explains in some videos how he takes notes of corrosion and stuff. Search "Mr Eric"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back